Moms’ Guide to Dental Care
Raising kids is no easy task. In addition to caring for yourself, you have to make sure those wonderful little people in your life grow up to be happy and healthy. As a mom, that sometimes means sacrificing your own dental care. Your dental health, however, is not something to be sacrificed. In addition to caring for your family’s health, you must care for your health, as well. And that means adhering to a thorough dental care routine, including regular visits to an affordable dentist in Rockledge. You already know that daily brushing and flossing are important, but did you know that skipping even one of your twice daily brushings can lead to an increased risk of heart disease?
Proper dental care is part of caring for your total health and ensures that you will enjoy many happy, healthy years with your family. Here are 7 dental care tips just for moms:
1. Be a role model to your kids. Show them that proper dental care is always a top priority.
2. Maintain routine visits to an affordable dentist once every six months. The better you adhere to your routine dental care visits, the quicker and easier each visit will be, so you can get on with your busy schedule.
3. Two minutes of thorough brushing, twice a day, is essential to removing the bacteria and plaque from your teeth. Brush in a soft, circular motion and don’t brush too hard. Divide your mouth into quadrants and spend time carefully brushing every area of each quadrant.
4. Floss every day. The time of day doesn’t matter, just as long as you do it. Flossing reaches between the teeth and into crevices where a toothbrush can’t reach, removing harmful bacteria and debris.
5. Make time for exercise to protect your health from head to toe. People who exercise have better oral health than those who don’t, especially when it comes to gum disease, according to a recent study in the Journal of Periodontology.
6. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, which are good for your oral health. Sugars and starches promote tooth decay, while fruits and vegetables are packed with antioxidants that fight bacteria, cavities, and gum disease.
7. Relax. If you feel stressed, you may subconsciously grind your teeth or clench your jaw, which can cause damage to your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and trigger canker sores and cold sores. Yoga, meditation, or a hot bubble bath can help you reduce stress and protect your oral health.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Rockledge, call Rockledge Dental today at (321) 252-0825 or make an appointment.
Rockledge Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Rockledge. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Rockledge Dental, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Rockledge Dental.