We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: September 11, 2015
Which Tooth Replacement Method is Best for Restoring Missing Teeth?
When you lose a tooth and don’t replace it, the space left behind can be a source of serious problems. After tooth loss or extraction, the bones supporting your teeth begin to shrink. Over time, this may affect your facial appearance or your ability to wear dentures. It can also lead to shifting of your other teeth, and it may even increase your risk of tooth decay and periodontal disease. The more teeth you lose, the worse your problems may be. Tooth replacement can help you to avoid these complications, and there are a number of ways your dentist in Rockledge can accomplish the task:
- A dental implant is the tooth replacement of choice for many patients. The implant procedure involves placing a metal post into the jaw to serve as an anchor for a natural-looking artificial crown. Benefits offered by implants include strength, stability, predictable results, and longevity.
- A fixed bridge is another possible option if you have enough healthy teeth to support it. A bridge uses adjacent teeth to support a prosthetic tooth or teeth suspended between them.
- An implant-supported or traditional partial denture is also a potential solution.
- Multiple teeth can be replaced by several single implants, implant-fixed partial dentures, conventional fixed partial dentures, or removable partial dentures.
Disadvantages of Tooth Replacement
- Conventional and implant bridges can increase your risk of cavities and oral infections if strict oral hygiene is not maintained.
- For a dental implant to be successful, you must have enough healthy gum tissue and underlying bone to support it. If you don’t, your dentist may be able to solve the problem with bone grafts and other treatments.
- Dentures that replace multiple teeth may be uncomfortable or temporarily decrease your sense of taste.
Many factors determine your eligibility for a dental implant, bridge, or dentures, including your general dental health and the length of time your teeth have been missing. To learn more about your tooth replacement options, talk to an affordable dentist in Rockledge. To learn about our family dentistry practice in Rockledge, call today at or make an appointment. offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Rockledge. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .